You are welcome to bring your belongings on board as cabin baggage, with maximum allowances and restrictions detailed below.
The allowances stated below apply to Air New Zealand operated flights only. If your flight is operated by an Air New Zealand partner airline, you will need to check your allowance with the airline operating the service.
In addition to your allowance, you may also carry onboard one small personal item such as a handbag, slimline laptop or duty free goods (where permitted). As a safety precaution, all cabin baggage must be able to fit in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front of you.
Anything in excess of the dimensions and weight allowed as listed below will need to be repacked as part of your checked baggage allowance and excess baggage charges may apply.
To find out if certain items may be taken on board, please check restricted items. Please note there are restrictions on using electronic equipment on board.
If you are travelling to, from or via the UK or US, please see important information regarding current cabin baggage restrictions.
Cabin baggage allowance
- Customers may take one piece of cabin baggage onboard with a maximum weight of 7kg (15lbs)
- Business Class, Premium Economy* & connecting Business Class customers, Air New Zealand Elite**, Gold and Star Alliance Gold customers are permitted to carry two pieces weighing a maximum combined total of 14kgs (30lbs), with one of those items weighing up to 10kgs
- To help our staff recognise your higher cabin baggage allowance, please use your Status name bag tag on your heavier cabin baggage item
- In addition to your allowance, you may also carry onboard one small personal item such as a handbag, duty free bag or slim line laptop bag, which must be able to fit under the seat in front of you
- As a safety precaution, all cabin baggage must be able to fit in the overhead lockers or under the seat in front of you. Each item should therefore not exceed total linear dimensions (length + width + height) of 118cm (46.5″)
Laptops in a thin satchel are considered a personal item, however laptops in larger computer bags are counted as one piece of cabin baggage.
|This thin laptop satchel is considered a personal item and is permitted in addition to your usual cabin baggage allowance|
|This large laptop satchel is counted as 1 piece of cabin baggage allowance|
* This Premium Economy baggage allowance only applies on Air New Zealand flights. If part of your journey includes codeshare flights or flights on other airlines the baggage allowance for Economy will apply.
** Includes Airpoints Elite Partner on Air New Zealand flights only. If part of your journey includes codeshare flights or flights on other airlines the baggage allowance for Economy will apply.