Each passenger is permitted one piece of carry-on baggage.
A passenger may carry on board one personal belonging, such as a shopping bag or handbag, and one baggage satisfying the conditions below.
|Sum of Three Dimensions||Dimensions||Total Weight|
|Not more than 115cm (45in.)||W55cm×H40cm×D25cm
|10 kg (22 lbs.)|
If your baggage is oversized or overweight, or unable to be appropriately stowed in the cabin due to the stowage limitations, it may need to be checked in cargo compartment at the gate. Please switch off electronic devices (excluding valuables) in your checked baggage.
Inside the Cabin
For your own safety and comfort, please stow your Carry-on baggage under the seat or in the overhead compartments properly.
- If your baggage is not securely stowed, it may injure yourself or the others in case of turbulence.
- If your baggage is not securely stowed, it may be scattered in the aisle or emergency exit area and hinder emergency evacuation
- If you keep your baggage on a lap, it would hinder taking a proper brace position in case of emergency.
- *If you are seated directry behind screen, emergency exit or cabin separating wall and do not have a seat in front of you, your carry-on baggage may not be placed at your feet.
- *If you are travelling on Business Class <JAL Shell Flat Seat> or Premium Economy <JAL Sky Shell Seat> , carry on baggage may not be placed under the seats in front of you upon departure and arrival. Please use the overhead compartments for stowage.
To Page top
JAL group altered the restriction of usage of electronic devices on board as follows on 1st September, 2014. This change was based on the ministerial notification regarding the related civil aeronautical act.
Please set electronic devices to the mode which do not emit electronic signals or turn them off when cabin attendants request to do so after all doors are closed. Those who break the law may be subject to fine of up to 500,000 yen. (Civil Aeronautics Law, Enforcement, Article 164-15)
Also, please turn off electronic devices in your checked baggage.
- *1 Please set electronic devices into airplane mode or turn off power after door closed. It is prohibited to access wireless LAN out of airplane. Your crew will notify you about electronic device usage after landing.
Aircraft types on which usage restrictions shown in the above figure(2) is applied:
- Your captain may request you to turn your electronic devices off depending on circumstances.
- Company rules restrict the use of electronic devices other than the above-mentioned devices.
- Personal computers, personal digital assistances and electronic game machines can be used during flight when you connect those devices with JAL SKY Wi-Fi services.
- Applying a powerful force on electronic devices with the lithium-ion battery can cause the battery deformation and/or the battery protection function failure. This may lead to the battery failure with heat generation, burst, ignition. Please be careful not to drop the electronic devices to the floor, not to stomp on them and not to drop them into the gap around the seat.
- We may ask you to turn the electronic devices off when passengers with medical devices like pacemaker are around you.
- Please pay attention to the safety announcement and other safety-related insutructions provided by the cabin attendants.
- Please be considerate of other passengers when you use electronic devices on board. Also please refrain from talking on the cell-phone in the cabin because this may disturb the others.
- During take-off and landing, please stow the large size of electronic devices like notebook computer into the overhead stowage bin or under the seat as well as your baggage.
- Please switch off electronic devices in your checked baggage.
- Please obey the operator’s rules when you board codeshare flights.
Kids Phone by NTT Docomo, Junior Phone by au and Mimamori Series by Softbank must be turned off completely in advance.
Some airports may employ CT scans for baggage reinspection, in addition to standard X-ray scans. The increased X-ray exposure may affect photographic film. Therefore, it is recommended that you carry your photographic film with you into the cabin with your carry-on baggage.