Your first checked bag is always free*.
All checked bags must not exceed 62″ (157.48 cm) in overall dimensions (length + width + height) and cannot exceed 50 pounds (22.73 kg).
Please note: boxes will not be accepted as checked baggage on international flights.
If you’ll be carrying additional bags, there is a $50 fee for checking a second bag and a $100 fee for a third bag.
A Value Added Tax (VAT) of up to 18% is also payable on baggage fees for certain international flights. Non-US VAT based on itinerary are as follows:
|Country of Originating travel||VAT|
|Barbados||17.5% of Baggage fee|
|Dominican Republic||18% of Baggage fee|
|Costa Rica||5% of Baggage fee|
|Trinidad||15% of Baggage fee|
Overweight bags fee
- 51-70 pounds
- (31.82 kilos):
- $100 per bag
- 71-99 pounds
- (45 kilos):
- $100 per bag
Oversized bags fee
- 63-80 inches
- (203.2 centimeters):
- $100 per bag
- Bags larger than 80 inches
will not be accepted.
Each customer may bring onboard one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop, etc.) plus one carry-on bag.
To fit under the seat in front of you, your item must not exceed:
- For our Airbus A321: 17″ (43.2 centimeters) length x 13″ (33 centimeters) width x 11″ (27.9 centimeters) height
- For our Airbus A320 / EMBRAER 190: 18″ (45.72 cm) length x 15″ (38.1 cm) width x 8″ (20.32 cm) height
In order to fit in the overhead bin, your carry-on bag must not exceed:
- For all our aircraft types: 24″ L (60.96 cm) x 16″ W (40.64 cm) x 10″ H (25.4 cm)
If the carry-on bag does not fit in the overhead bin or space is limited, the bag will be gate checked.
For TSA information on carry-ons, click here.
Checked bag requirements for Dominican Republic, Haiti, Peru and Trinidad & Tobago
Customers checking baggage for travel to/from the following destinations must follow the guidelines below.
Please note that boxes WILL NOT be allowed on any international flight. Non-hazardous items may be packed in checked baggage; however, JetBlue will not be liable damage to any fragile items packed within a checked bag (i.e. televisions, electronics, etc.). Humanitarian organizations transporting supplies will be subject to the same baggage allowances and guidelines as other customers.
Dominican Republic, Haiti and Trinidad & Tobago
- Each customer may check a total of two (2) bags. First checked bag free of charge.
- Each bag must NOT exceed 62 inches (157.48 centimeters) in overall dimensions (length + width + height) and CANNOT exceed 50 pounds (22.73 kilos). Baggage dimensions are determined by adding the length, width, and height together.
- Additional baggage and bags that exceed the overall dimensions or weight WILL NOT be allowed onboard flights to/from the Dominican Republic*, Haiti, or Trinidad & Tobago.
- *Additional baggage will be accepted on flights to/from La Romana, Dominican Republic.
Peru (if booked on/after April 1, 2014)
- Customers traveling to/from Lima, Peru may check one (1) bag free of charge only if 50 pounds (22.73 kilos) or less and 62 inches (157.48 centimeters) or less.
- A second bag may be checked for a fee.
- Maximum number of checked bags is two (2), and maximum allowed weight is 70 pounds (31.75 kilos) each.
- Each bag must NOT exceed 62 inches (157.48 centimeters) in overall dimensions (length + width + height). Baggage dimensions are determined by adding the length, width, and height together.
- Overweight/oversize fees will be applicable to baggage outside of the limitations above – see Checked Baggage Requirements.
- Baggage allowance and weight restrictions will not apply to customers who booked prior to April 1, 2014.