Guidelines For Lithium Batteries:
As of January 1, 2008, travelers may not pack spare lithium batteries of any kind in checked baggage. Passengers wishing to carry spare lithium batteries for devices such as laptops, cell phones and cameras are now required to pack them in their carry-on baggage with the terminals covered or insulated. Travelers may check bags that contain batteries, as long as they are installed in electronic devices.
Please see the Safe Travel website for tips on traveling with spare batteries.
Our carry-on policy provides each ticketed passenger the following allowance at no additional charge*:
- One (1) carry-on bag which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall (including wheels, handles, or any other protruding items), and may not exceed 35 pounds in weight.
Passengers may also carry:
- One (1) smaller personal item (e.g., purse, laptop, etc.) which may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 16” long x 11’’ wide x 8” tall. This item must be stowed under the seat in front of them.
*Note: Overhead storage on board each aircraft is limited. Once the aircraft bins have reached capacity, remaining qualified carry-on sized bags will be tagged and travel as Checked Baggage without fee. All checked bags can be retrieved at the designated Baggage Claim Area.
Certain items are considered hazardous materials and, by federal law, are prohibited from being transported on all Sun Country Airlines flights. The following items are examples of items that will not be transported by Sun Country Airlines.
For more information on what can and cannot be transported on passenger aircraft, please visit the Pack Safe or Safe Travel sites.
Categories of hazardous materials that are forbidden for carriage
- Flammable substances
- Compressed gases
- Radioactive materials
- Other items displaying hazmat markings
Examples of hazardous materials forbidden for carriage
- Lithium batteries (Click here to learn more.)
- Spray starch
- Liquid fuels (e.g. gasoline, butane, lighter fluid)
- Liquid oxygen
- Torch lighters
- Strike anywhere matches
- Oxygen bottles or cylinders
You must declare any hazardous materials or dangerous goods you are traveling with to the airline. Failure to do so violates U.S. Federal Law. Violators may be subject to a maximum penalty of 5 years’ imprisonment and up to $250,000 (49 U.S.C. 5124).
Passengers can transport liquids, gels, lotions or similar items thru the security checkpoint if the items are less then 3.4oz (100 ml) individually and they fit into a transparent 1 qt (1 liter) plastic bag. The contents must fit completely in the plastic bag and will be subjected to x-ray inspection separate from the passenger’s carry-on bag.
Passengers may also have the following items, but must declare them to TSA at the screening checkpoint if not contained in a clear or transparent resealable 1 quart (1 liter) plastic bag and/or are over 3.4oz. (100ml).
- Baby formula/milk (to include breast milk), juice, and baby food in containers if a baby or small child is traveling
- Medications (liquid, gel, and aerosol)
- Liquids (to include juice) or gels for diabetic or other medical needs.
Sun Country Vacations – First Bag Free*
Sun Country Vacations is pleased to announce that you can check your first bag free on any international flight + hotel booking. When purchasing a vacation, you’ll save more when you purchase a flight + hotel package together from Sun Country Vacations and now, when traveling to Mexico, Central America, or the Caribbean, you’ll get to check your first bag for free, as well. Find out more here!
Fees paid for checked baggage are non-refundable and do not apply toward re-booking of an unused ticket.
Save time and money with the convenience of paying for your checked baggage online.
Passengers may save money by checking their first bag for $20 each way and check a second bag for $30 each way if purchased online, or pay $25 for a first bag fee each way and a second bag fee of $35 each way if paid for at the airport.
Each bag is not to exceed 62 linear inches (length plus width plus height) or 50 pounds. Additional bags, as well as bags over 62 linear inches or 50 pounds, are subject to excess baggage fees of $75 each additional piece of excess baggage. Please note: Baggage exceeding 70 lbs on flights to St. Maarten will not be transported.
Passengers may pre-pay their checked baggage fees online or with our Reservations agents up to one hour before their scheduled departure on domestic flights (with the exception of a two-hour requirement for Miami) and up to 24-hours in advance for international flights. Unaccompanied minors and passengers traveling as a part of a group are not able to pre-pay for checked baggage and must pay for checked baggage at the terminal upon check-in. Domestic travelers will also have the opportunity to pre-pay their checked baggage through a web check-in process up to one hour prior to departure. You can pre-pay for checked baggage while booking a flight, or click here to pre-pay for checked baggage for a flight you’ve already purchased. Please note: BAGGAGE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE. PLEASE SEE EXEMPTIONS BELOW.
We recommend you print your prepaid baggage purchase confirmation e-mail for your records and bring a copy to the terminal for check-in as your receipt of prepaid baggage.
The following passengers are exempt from the first bag fee:
- Passengers who purchase discounted or promotional upgrades from Coach to First Class through our reservations department or at the airport.
- Sun Country Airlines® Visa® Cardholders when Sun Country Visa® card is presented at airport.
- Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR). To qualify for the exemption, the UMNR service fee must have been paid and all required support information entered in the passenger’s reservation. Click here for more information on Unaccompanied Minors
- Passengers traveling with a group, booked through Sun Country Groups Department, will not be required to pay for first or second bag(s). However, extra bags or overweight bags will be charged a $75 fee per bag.
- Passenger who purchase an international flight and hotel package from Sun Country Vacations.
The following passengers will be exempt from the first bag and second bag fees:
- Ufly ELITE members when card is presented at airport.
- Passengers who purchase a published First Class ticket.
- Special note: Passengers who purchase discounted or promotional upgrades from Coach to First Class through our reservations department or at the airport are exempt from the first bag fee only. Bag fees that have been pre-paid remain non-refundable if ticket is later upgraded to First Class.
- All First Class ticket holders are subject to the normal $75 fee for any bag that is overweight or oversize (including their first two bags) and the $75 excess baggage fee for each additional bag.
- As part of baggage check-in procedures, which vary by airport, all baggage is subject to search by airport security agents.
- Your name must be clearly and legibly marked on all baggage.
- Baggage may not be checked to a destination that is not listed on your itinerary.
- Baggage determined by Sun Country agents to be unsuitable for transportation may not be checked.
- Styrofoam coolers are not accepted as checked or carry-on baggage.
- On international flights, all baggage must pass customs inspection, as required by U.S. and international laws.
- We do not transport medical oxygen for personal use for passengers with disabilities.
- Printing and toner cartridges weighing more than 16 ounces are prohibited in checked and carry-on luggage.
- Sun Country Airlines does not transport hazardous materials and dangerous goods. For more information about FAA definitions of these terms, please see the FAA site.
- Car seats and strollers may be checked at no additional charge.
Child Restraint Systems
Child restraint systems are only permitted on-board when a ticket is purchased for the child. These items must be FAA-approved. No “booster seats” are permitted. Child restraint systems without the purchase of a ticket must be checked as baggage. Car seats and strollers may be transported as checked baggage at no additional charge. Sun Country Airlines is not liable for any damage that occurs to infant/child car seats or strollers that are not properly packaged in a box and checked as baggage by the passenger at the ticket counter. For additional information please visit http://www.faa.gov/passengers/fly_children/
Hanging and laying wedding dresses flat in an overhead storage bin is NOT available. Wedding dresses will be accepted as carry-on under the same guidelines as all other carry-on items. Wedding dresses MUST BE PACKAGED to fit within current carry-on size restrictions and may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall or 114 cm (56cm x 35cm x 23cm). You may want to pack your dress in a checked bag (fees apply) or make alternate shipping arrangements.
Musicians may carry-on one (1) smaller-sized instrument case as long as:
- The instrument case fits easily in the Sun Country sizer box, or there is room to stow the instrument in an overhead bin or under the seat in front of the passenger.
Carry-on items that do easily fit in the sizer box have priority over those that do not. Musicians may be asked to board after others when carrying larger instruments. If instruments cannot be properly stowed they must be checked as baggage.
For larger instruments (cellos, tubas, guitars, etc.) that cannot be stowed overhead or beneath a seat, musicians may choose to purchase a seat for the instrument:
- The instrument must be in a case or covered to prevent injury to passengers.
- Must not exceed 100 pounds
- Must be secured properly in a seat directly behind a full bulkhead divider. Not all Sun Country aircraft are equipped.
- The case must NOT contain a prohibited item.
Checked as luggage
- Checked instruments are subject to Sun Country baggage rules and fees
- Due to the fragile nature of musical instruments, instruments are checked as limited liability items
Mobility devices, crutches, canes, braces, or other mobility aids needed by the customer are not counted as additional carry-ons and must be stored in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations. For additional information see our Special Needs Help Page.
Active Military Personnel
Active US Military personnel traveling on official orders are allowed to check two bags free of charge. To qualify, military personnel will need to present a valid military ID card. This exception does not apply to travel companions or DOD civilians conducting official military business.
All baggage exceeding 50 pounds, 62 linear inches, or quantities as outlined above are subject to excess baggage fees. Checked baggage exceeding 80 linear inches will be accepted pending space availability. Checked baggage 100 pounds or over will not be accepted.
Excess Baggage Fees
$75 will be charged for the third checked bag under 50 pounds and/or 62 linear inches (length plus width plus height), and for each additional bag under 50 pounds and/or 62 linear inches. Bags over 50 pounds and 62 linear inches will also be charged $75. Bags that qualify for two fees will be charged the higher fee. Bags over 100 pounds will not be accepted.
One (1) item of the following sporting equipment may be substituted for one (1) of your checked baggage. For the items listed below, multiple items count as one (1) item of luggage and are subject to baggage fees. Items in excess of the stated allowances will be subject to additional fee.
- Fishing Equipment
One (1) item of fishing equipment consists of: two (2) rods up to six (6) feet in length, one (1) reel, one (1) landing net, one (1) pair of fishing boots (properly encased), and one (1) fishing tackle box. NOTE: A fishing tube will be accepted as carry-on under the same guidelines as all other carry-on items. The tube MUST fit within current carry-on size restrictions and may not exceed any of the following dimensions: 24” long x 16” wide x 11” tall or 114 cm (56cm x 35cm x 23cm). You may want to pack your fishing pole in a checked bag (fees apply) or make alternate shipping arrangements.
- Golfing Equipment
One (1) item of golfing equipment consists of: one (1) golf bag and one (1) pair of golf shoes.
- Skiing Equipment
One (1) item of skiing equipment consists of: one (1) pair of skis, one (1) pair of ski poles, one (1) pair of ski bindings, and one (1) pair of ski boots; or one (1) snowboard, one (1) set of bindings, and one (1) pair of boots. A maximum of two (2) pairs of skis per bag will be allowed. Skis and snowboards can be up to six (6) feet in length. NOTE: Items in excess of the allowance will be subject to excess baggage charges for a single piece, whether or not presented as a single piece.
- Bowling Equipment
One (1) item of bowling equipment consists of: one (1) bowling ball, one (1) bowling bag, and one (1) pair of bowling shoes. NOTE: Items in excess of allowances will be subject to charges.
- Hockey Equipment
One (1) hockey bag with up to five (5) sticks bound together.
- Lacrosse Equipment
One (1) lacrosse bag with up to two (2) sticks bound together.
NOTE: Sport bags, (Baseball, Softball, Hockey, Lacrosse, Bowling, Golf, Dance, etc.) are considered luggage and are subject to normal baggage fees.
The following sporting equipment will not be counted as a piece of your checked baggage allowance, and require additional fees.
NOTE: Sun Country does not provide bags or boxes for items listed below. If you have questions please call Sun Country Reservations toll-free at 1-800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Mon-Sun, 5am-Midnight Central Time), if you plan to bring any of the following items on you on your trip.
Sun Country will accept non-motorized touring or racing bicycles with single seats. Bicycles must have the handlebars fixed sideways and the pedals removed, or be placed in a cardboard container, or the pedals and the handlebars must be encased in plastic foam or similar material. The charge is $75 per bicycle on all flights.
- Scuba-Diving Equipment
One (1) item of scuba diving equipment consists of: One (1) regulator, one (1) pressure gauge, one (1) mask, two (2) fins, one (1) snorkel, one (1) knife, one (1) spear gun and one (1) BC-vest (cannot contain air cartridges). The charge is $75 on all flights. These items must be placed in a container that prevents damage to the equipment. Like all passenger airlines, we are prohibited from transporting scuba diving tanks, even if they are empty.
- Surfboard, Wakeboard and Kite boards
The charge for one (1) surfboard checked as baggage is $75 on all flights. The maximum length is five (5) feet.
- Windsurfing Equipment
One (1) item of windsurfing equipment consists of: One (1) windsurfing board with a wooden boom, one (1) mast with a maximum length of five (5) feet and one (1) sail. The charge is $75 on all flights.
On-line transport of antlers, free of residue, skull wrapped, tips protected are accepted and subject to aircraft load conditions. The charge is $75 on all flights. Under no circumstances will Sun Country Airlines assume liability for antlers.
- Trailer Hitches
The charge for one (1) trailer hitch checked as baggage is $75 on all flights. Trailer hitches need to be wrapped or packaged properly to avoid damage.
Notice of Limited Liability
Unless a higher value has been declared and additional charges paid, Sun Country’s liability for any form of damages as a result of the disappearance of, damage to, or delay in delivery of a passenger’s personal property, including luggage, properly checked to its custody, shall be limited to the fair market value of the personal property involved at the time of the loss or delay, but in no case involving wholly domestic travel shall such liability exceed $3,400 per passenger, except for mobility devices. For international travels, including the domestic portions, subject to the Warsaw Convention, the liability limit for delay, damage or loss is approximately $9.07 per pound ($20.00 per kg) for checked baggage and approximately $400 per passenger for unchecked baggage. Where the Montreal Convention applies, the liability of Sun Country Airlines for the delay, damage or loss to checked and unchecked baggage is limited to 1,000 Special Drawing Rights per passenger (approximately $1,750.00).
On domestic flights, Sun Country shall not be liable for loss of, damage to, or delay in delivery of high value, fragile, or perishable items, including but not limited to, the following: medication, money, jewelry, silverware, negotiable papers, securities, electronic/video/ photographic equipment, samples, heirlooms, antiques, artifacts, works of art, musical instruments, or other valuables included in the passenger’s checked luggage, with or without the knowledge of Sun Country Airlines. Sun Country does not assume responsibility for loss or damage due to normal wear and tear; protruding parts, such as feet, handles, wheels, straps, hooks; over sized or over packed luggage. Sun Country Airlines is not liable for any damage that occurs to infant/child car seats or strollers that are not properly packaged in a box and checked as baggage by the passenger at the ticket counter.
Firearms & Ammunition
Conditions of Acceptance In accordance with federal law, all firearms must be unloaded, and the transporting passenger must sign a “Firearms Unloaded” declaration affirming that the firearm is unloaded. The declaration form will then be placed inside the container by the passenger and witnessed by a Sun Country representative. The baggage will be locked at the time of acceptance, with the key or lock combination retained in the passenger’s custody. This must be done each time firearms are checked as baggage.
The information shown below pertains to travel within the United States only (unless stated otherwise). Passengers must obtain and comply with regulations governing the transportation of firearms for all countries on the itinerary. Traveling with firearms or ammunition to Mexico is strictly prohibited.
- Firearms and ammunition are accepted as checked baggage only.
- All firearms must be unloaded with the action, slide, or bolt open where applicable.
- All firearms must be declared at the airport check-in counter.
- Firearms will only be accepted in a hard sided locked container (for example – rifle case).
- Ammunition must be packed in its original packaging or case specifically designed for ammunition. Loose ammunition or ammunition loaded in magazines or speed loaders will not be accepted.
- Ammunition may be placed inside of the locked case providing it is packed as stated above. (No one under 18 years of age may check a firearm unless they provide proof of firearm safety training.
- Pellet and BB guns are treated the same as other firearms and require the same handling.
- Sun Country Airlines employees will not handle firearms.
- Additional information about traveling with firearms and ammunition is available at www.tsa.gov.
- No exterior tag or description of contents noting firearm may appear on any case.
- All cases must be locked and only the passenger may retain the key or combination.
- Maximum per case is 3 rifles/shotguns or 5 pistols/revolvers, shooting mat, noise suppressors, and tools. There is no limit on the number of cases allowed.
- Ammunition is limited to 11 lbs. total per passenger. Excess baggage charges will apply to each gun case if it is in additional/excess of the standard baggage requirements and/or oversize/overweight.
Paintball Guns and Equipment
- Paintball guns are prohibited from carry-on luggage by Federal regulations and must be packed in unlocked, soft or hard sided checked luggage.
- Compressed gas cylinders may be carried in checked or carry-on baggage only if the regulator valve is completely disconnected from the cylinder and the cylinder is no longer sealed (i.e. the cylinder has an open end).
- Cylinders must have an opening to allow for a visual inspection to ensure that there are no prohibited items inside.
- If the cylinder is sealed (i.e. the regulator valve is still attached), the cylinder is prohibited and not permitted.
- See www.tsa.gov for specific information on transporting paintball equipment aboard a commercial aircraft.
- There are certain limited exceptions for law enforcement officers who may fly armed by meeting specific requirements. Please review the information at www.tsa.gov.
Questions on Firearms and Ammunition?
- Call Sun Country Reservations toll-free at 1-800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Mon-Sun, 5am-Midnight Central Time) for specific questions about carrying firearms.
For information on transporting medical equipment (including mobility devices) in your baggage, please see the Passengers with Disabilities and Special Needs Page.
Baggage Information Hotline
Your baggage, like your satisfaction, is important to us. For inquiries regarding delayed or damaged baggage, please call our toll-free hotline at 888-359-5586 for assistance. Customers in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area should call 612-970-3569.
Pets as Checked Baggage
Sun Country Airlines is pet-friendly! Sun Country accepts cats and dogs as checked baggage on select flights within the contiguous United States. Pets are accepted conditionally and must not pose a hazard to the safety or health of any passenger or crew member. Please note, no guarantee can be made for pets being checked as baggage if a reservation is made via walking up to the check in counter. The following conditions apply to customers checking a pet as baggage; please note that these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals:
- A conditional reservation must be made for each segment. It must be booked with Sun Country Reservations the non-refundable fee of $199 per kennel per flight segment that must be paid at the airport.
- Pets are accepted on all non-stop domestic flights except Anchorage, Laughlin, New York, San Juan and St. Thomas. Pets are not accepted on international flights.
- Pets are not accepted on connecting or multi-stop flights.
- Passenger must travel on the same flight as the pet.
- Kennel and pet can not exceed a combined weight of one hundred (100) pounds.
- All pets are subject to TSA screening.
- Pets may not be checked in more than four (4) hours prior to scheduled departure.
- Cats and dogs must be at least eight (8) weeks old and weaned for at least five (5) days.
- No more than two (2) puppies or kittens younger than six (6) months, under 20 pounds, and of the same species may be transported in the same kennel.
- Animals transported in the baggage compartment cannot be in heat, or tranquilized, or have signs of a pre-existing condition, illness or evidence of recent surgery.
- Pets will not be accepted at curbside check-in, only at the main Sun Country ticketing counter.
- A maximum of four (4) pets as carry-on baggage and two (2) pets as checked baggage will be accepted per flight total.
- No oxygen will be administered to a pet in the event of an emergency.
Must be a rigid plastic kennel. If kennel has wheels, they must be removed or rendered inoperable prior to check-in.
Kennel must give each animal enough room to move and lie in a natural position but cannot exceed 34 inches in height or 48 inches in width. If kennel is too small, the pet cannot travel.
Floor must be solid and leak-proof. Absorbent material like training pads may be placed on floor. No loose materials such as litter will be allowed.
Door must form one side of the container entirely. Door may be hinged, but the locking pins must engage the container by at least 5/8” beyond the container frame where the pins are fitted. Hardware and fasteners must be in place and serviceable.
Kennel must have at least one open end (can be door) and ventilation openings of at least 1” over the upper two thirds of the opposite end and remaining two sides. Total ventilated area must be 16% of total surface. Openings must be paw-proof. No edges of surfaces may be exposed for chewing.
Two containers must be present within the kennel for food and water. Dishes must empty prior to departure and accessible for filling from the outside. Dishes may be attached to the door if necessary.
Kennel must have LIVE ANIMALS tag/label displayed, two directional arrows (each on opposite ends) and the contact information for the owner. Feeding instructions for pet must be posted as well. Sun Country will provide all required labels.
Sun Country requires a valid health certificate for each pet transported as checked baggage. Certificate must be issued within thirty (30) days of departure and contain the following:
- Passenger’s name and address
- Name of pet and breed
- Signed and dated by a veterinarian, stating the animal is in good health
- A list of administered inoculations and any medication required
A Letter of Acclimation is also required. The letter must be obtained from a veterinarian and states the temperatures that the pet is accustomed to – most specifically temperatures less than 45°F. Letter must also state the lowest temperature that a pet may be exposed to – typically not lower than 20°F.
Sun Country requires a valid health certificate for each pet transported as checked baggage. Certificate must be issued within thirty (30) days of departure and contain the following:
- There is a non-refundable fee of $199 per kennel per flight segment.
- Conditional reservation must be made by Sun Country Airlines Reservations.
- Payment will only be accepted at the airport of the day of departure. No pre-paid fees are permitted.
- Refunds are not permitted unless Sun Country Airlines refuses transportation of animal.
For safety, Sun Country will not accept pets as checked baggage if extreme temperatures are forecast.
- 20° Fahrenheit
- For temperatures below 45° Fahrenheit, but still above 20° Fahrenheit, an acclimation certificate signed by a veterinarian is required.
- 70° Fahrenheit for snub-nose dogs and cats. (see list below)
- 85° Fahrenheit for other breeds.
Snub-Nosed Animal Cautions
Transporting animals that have snub or pug noses can be tricky. Due to their physiology, these animals are more likely than other breeds to experience respiratory distress. Warm weather and higher carbon dioxide levels can be especially hard on these animals, so the USDA has additional requirements. Below is a list provided by the USDA of animals that are defined as snub nosed.
- American Bull Dog
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Boston Terrier
- Brussels Griffin
- Chinese Pug
- Chow Chow
- Dutch Pug
- English Bull dog
- English Toy Spaniel
- Lhasa Apso
- Japanese Boxer
- Japanese Pug
- Japanese Spaniel (Chin)
- Pit Bull
- Shar Pei
- Shih Tzu
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Tibetan Spaniel
Pets as Carry-on Luggage
Sun Country accepts small cats and dogs (16 lbs. or less) in the aircraft cabins (4 pets per flight) on flights within the contiguous United States. Sun Country does not transport pets on international flights or on flights to/from Anchorage. Small cats and dogs are accepted conditionally and must not pose a hazard to the safety or health of any passenger or crew-member. The following conditions apply to customers bringing a small dog or cat (these requirements do not apply to certified service/support animals):
No oxygen will be administered to a pet in the event of an emergency.
- An advance conditional reservation is recommended per segment through Sun Country Reservations for a non-refundable fee of $125
- Walk up requests are limited to the 4 pets per aircraft limit for a non-refundable fee of $199
- A maximum of four (4) pets as carry-on baggage will be accepted per flight total. With max allowance of 2 pets in First Class.
- Only one pet per ticketed passenger is allowed. Advance arrangements are required and availability is limited.
- Your pet in its carrier is considered a carry-on item and must be included in your regular carry-on allotment.
- Only one pet per carrier is allowed.
- You must provide a carrier for your pet that does not exceed 16”Lx11”Wx8”H.
- Your pet must be able to stand up and move around in the carrier with ease.
- Only soft-sided carriers designed as pet carriers are allowed.
- The carrier must have a leak-proof bottom and be well-ventilated on at least two sides.
- Your pet must remain in its carrier and stowed during the entire flight underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
- When traveling with a pet, you cannot be assigned a seat in row one, the exit row, the bulkhead, or in the aisle.
- You are responsible for complying with applicable federal, state and local regulations or ordinances related to pets.
- Sun Country Airlines does not have carriers available at the airport.
- Pets will not be accepted on connecting flights.
- Pets will not be accepted on stopover flights greater than 5 hours in duration.
For additional requirements or to arrange to transport your pet on your flight, please contact Sun Country Reservations toll-free at 1-800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Mon-Sun, 5am-Midnight Central Time).
Qualified individuals are allowed to carry specially trained service animals in the cabin of the aircraft without additional charges. See our Passengers with Disabilities and Special Needs section for more information on traveling with service animals.
- Have containers packaged and sealed before you get to the airport
- Seal the boxes
- Containers with dry ice must be vented
What to Use:
- Strapping or plastic tape (a minimum of two bands around entire package).
- Plastic coolers or fish boxes lined with a polyethylene bag.
- Dry Ice (up to 5.5 pounds).
Do Not Use:
- Duct Tape
- Styrofoam boxes
- Wet Ice
- Avoid additional baggage charges by keeping containers under 50 pounds.
- Items over 100 pounds are not accepted.
- Label each container with your name, address and the contents.
- Make certain your labels will stay on the containers during the trip. Some stickers may slide off of cool or wet packages.